First of all, I want to thank Alexis from Adventurous Alexis for nominating me for the Liebster Award, I really appreciate it!
The Liebster award is given to bloggers by fellow bloggers and consists of a set of eleven question. Each nominee has to reply to the questions and then nominate some more bloggers. Since I don’t usually get too personal in my posts, I thought this would be a good opportunity so that my readers know a little bit about me. Participating is also a really fun way to discover new blogs, connect with fellow bloggers and get to know more about them.
Now that I had been awarded the Liebster Award I am happy to nominate some bloggers and you’ll find my nominees and their questions at the bottom of the post. But before that, here you have my answers:
1. Who inspires you?
I am constantly inspired by anyone who does their bit to make our world a better place. For example, one of the persons who deeply inspired me was Kap, my former flatmate in Berlin. She is simply one of those persons who gets anything she wants to be done. For example, when we lived together, she founded an animal-ethical food cooperative in Berlin. Later she moved to Africa where she filmed a documentary about Mali and the power of music to create joy, peace, and democracy (check Sahel Calling!). Now she lives in Senegal where she just opened Abradakar, the first vegetarian restaurant in the country (on wheels!). Nothing can stop this woman from achieving her dreams and I really admire that.
2. What do you do to combat any of the negative sides of traveling?
For me, the only negative side of traveling is the distance you put between you and your beloved ones. That’s sometimes difficult to handle but technology has made it easier. I try to keep in touch as much as possible keeping in mind that people who really love me will still be there once I am back.
3. How do you plan your trips, if at all?
I love planning because it allows me to start traveling with my mind before the actual adventure begins. I read travel guides, forums, blog posts and anything that can give me hints about my next destinations. I do my research by checking on TripAdvisor, Couchsurfing forums, etc. Even when I travel with more people, I usually do most of the planning. They say I always find the best deals!
4. If you could pack up everything you own and move right at this very moment where would you move to?
I consider myself lucky to be living in the city I love the most (Istanbul) and I don’t plan to move out of here anytime soon. However, if I ever decide to leave Turkey, I don’t have to think twice to say I would go to El Nido in the Philippines, aka paradise on earth. I traveled to the Philippines in February 2015 and I haven’t got over that yet. Do you wonder why?
5. What song do you listen to most on the road?
I can not think of only one song, but it may be Saramaya by Habib Koite. This song never fails to make me feel in a good mood! On the road and also at home, I mostly listen to world music (African, Arabic, Balkan, etc.), in particular, I love Putumayo collection.
6. What is your favorite app on your phone/tablet/etc?
7. Which blogs do you check daily?
8. Fill in the blank: ____ and Chill.
Beach and Chill… 🙂
9. Which blog post are you most proud of?
Maybe the one I wrote about cats in Istanbul. It was my first post and I love showing local aspects of life in Istanbul! Also, I love kittens… Look at these ones:
10. What are your top 3 items on your bucket list that are not related to travel?
This is a difficult question since I truly invest most of my money on travels. I don’t need a car, a house or anything too expensive. Basically travel is the only reason why I go to work every day. I work, save, quit, travel and repeat all the process.
11. What luxury item do you bring on your travels? Why?
Not such a luxury item but I never go anywhere without my DSLR camera!
Laura from Fasten your seatbelt
Megan from Forks and footprints
Carmen from Carmen Everywhere
Janna from Janna on a jaunt
Melissa from Illumelation
- Why did you decide to blog?
- Where is your favorite city and why?
- Which places are at the top of your bucket list?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What is your dream job?
- What it the most awkward thing that happened to you while traveling?
- What is your favorite inspirational quote?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- How do you afford to travel?
- What’s your favorite food?
- What do you love most about blogging?